Crossroads

At the intersection of technology, finance and the Pacific Rim.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Barrack Obama and the Way of Business

I feel that I know Obama--even though I have never met him. I feel that I know how he thinks and acts. And I was not surprised that other people feel the same. The below quotes of other people who feel that they know Barrack Obama bring home that we only have our time and how we use it (as cited in the NY Times):

“I keep thinking about how I squandered my education and youth,” the New
York lawyer wrote to me. “I went off to college from high school being
completely community-minded, doing a lot of volunteer work for the homeless and
for hunger and tutoring poor kids. Then I got to college and forgot my ideals.
Barack was my year at Columbia. Why wasn’t I hanging out with him and being
serious and following my ideals instead of hanging out in clubs? Same with law
school. I partied my way through instead of taking advantage of all that I could
have. Both Obamas were there when I was. I feel like if I’d been a better person
I would have gotten to know them.”

And another writes:

“I feel like I know Barack, that I have worked grassroots and have created change in the way that he has. I [also] have feelings of a mom who had possibility but ended up running school auctions and mediating family business matters rather than having the opportunity to be out there on a national level creating change. So when I watch Barack I feel like: I can do that … and what am I doing with my life? Even though he is way smarter and more articulate than me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home